A common question we get asked is “how do I walk in my heels?” Sounds silly, but for a first-time competitor, it is a HUGE deal to slip on a pair of plastic clear heels and master their posing gracefully!
It all starts first and foremost with the FIT! We have launched a new resource on our website called “Fit Guide”, where it breaks down how to assess if your heels are the right fit for you. You may automatically think “OMG I can’t wear these, I can barely get them on!” Rest assured, if you stretch out the plastic and walk around in the shoe you are more than likely a perfect fit if they are the correct size! Just follow these steps below:
When trying on the shoe, if you notice your skin sticking to the plastic, put on socks to ease your foot in to test the fit.
- Insert the foot into the shoe. It may require you to wiggle & work your feet in at first.
- Check that it is the correct size. If they are too tight, follow the next steps to fit them.
- Apply heat to the plastic with a hairdryer, a few seconds back & forth to evenly distribute the heat.
- Gently stretch the plastic with your hands in the tight areas.
- Walk a little with them. Repeat steps 4 and 5 if necessary!
Toes sliding forward, but the length of the shoe is perfect? Add our 'Heel Good Insert' for the perfect fit.
Now that you have your heels on and they’re perfectly molded to your feet, it’s time to walk! There are a TON of helpful resources out there and we would also advise every new competitor to additionally hire a posing coach for a second set of eyes to make sure every detail is accounted for!
But - it doesn’t have to cost a fortune! We know competing is already expensive, so we have a FREE NEW Instagram TV series for you to utilize, recorded by fitness coach Ingrid Romero in which we break down numerous aspects of your show day posing routine and how to master each one! You can find Part 1 to the series here!
We wish you best of luck and can’t wait to see you grace that stage! 🤩 Always be sure to tag us in your show day pics - @theshoefairy_!