The answer is YES, OF COURSE, DEFINITELY!
Let's start with your heels. As with anything, you get what you pay for. There are a few important factors to consider when choosing your perfect pair of Cinderella shoes.
1. The overall look and fit. You do not want your heel hanging off the back. You also do not want too much extra space in the back (or front). You want the shoe to fit just right, like Cinderella! Many people often ask if they should buy a style that is plain or a style that has bling. The answer to this question is, get the style that suits you! We often hear people say "the judges hate shoes with bling", while that may be a personal preference, 2019 Miss Olympia won in a completely bedazzled pair of heels. If you need an additional opinion, ask your coach or a local judge!
2. Comfort. You do not want a pair of heels that make your feet feel like they are going to fall off. Remember that posing is a huge factor for your presentation so the last thing you want to worry about is your feet hurting. This is why we created the Olympian heel
which features a cushioned insole, soft/flexible plastic and a wider toe bed.
3. We know this can sound overwhelming. Please reach out to us here
with any questions, we would love to help!
Now for the jewelry. We always recommend picking out your suit FIRST! Why? Because we believe coordinating your jewelry with your suit is key to finishing off your look. Here are some TSF Tips:
1. Match the jewelry to your suit. What color are your stones? Does your suit have Clear, AB or both? AB stands for aurora borealis which is a multi-color iridescent stone. We usually find it to have a pink/purple undertone. AB always looks flawless with purple suits!
2. Sometimes, you can match your jewelry to the shape of your connectors. If you have a basic connector, don't worry about it. Any jewelry will match! If you have a more detailed connector with for example, tear drop shapes, you can look for jewelry that also has tear drop shapes.
3. What seems to be the "norm" on stage is 1 chunky bracelet on 1 arm, 1 thin bracelet on the other, dramatic earrings and 1-2 rings. However, this is personal preference!
New Competitor? Visit the TSF FAQ
page for more info!